Saturday, February 12, 2005

Christianity doesn't work

Message caught your attention, didn't it? This was one of the key phrases in a message I heard tonite at youth group. I understood the gist of the speaker's message, but I'm not sure if I will be able to convey it accurately to you. Basically, it comes down to the fact that this life isn't about being the best Christian you can be, the best parent, the best spouse, the best whatever. Jesus didn't call us to be Christians, that's what the world called us. Jesus calls us to be disciples! Another important point was made that we need to give serious care to our soul. This is where our life stems from, so what condition is your soul in? Are you living in constant communion with the living God?? I ask myself this often... it is one of my desires to be living in God's will at every moment, to be sensitive to His direction in all things. Where is your focus? What are your attitudes? Are you addressing your fears, which may stem ultimately from a lack of belief in God's promises? Where is your faith? Are you pursuing Him with utter devotion? Take time to think about these questions, honestly evaluating yourself. I know I'm going to.

No comments: