To press into the depths of knowing, we must delve into the tensions that are, to ponder and wrestle through the seemingly perplexing wonders of this universe, with transparency and grace
Sunday, January 22, 2012
What kind of lover…
…must God be, that he would love with such immeasurable perfect unconditional love and that towards me the complete opposite, the limited imperfect conditional lover that I am. To think that he desires me to imitate this type of love to others just blows my mind and leaves me wondering how can it be possible, but for the grace of God and power of the Spirit. Wretched and unworthy am I to be the recipient of His love. How my heart hurts that I've failed him so often, going after my own longings and seeking satisfaction other than him. As the psalmist says that God's thinking & ways are so much higher than our own that we cannot even attain unto it. Even if my progress is slow and painful as I stumble along the way, I seek to become more like the Lover of my soul, who gave up so much for me because he loves me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment