This was the question I was meditating on this morning while reading the Word. The question was triggered because I noticed that so much of scriptures seems like instructions for us, particularly to be drawn close to God, to essentially find complete fulfillment and satisfaction in God. As I began searching the Bible for answers to my question, it dawned on me... God is most satisfied when we are satisfied in Him. Yeah, you can say I stole this idea from Piper, but this personal revelation today came from my own study and meditation of the Word, which led me to declare that which other believers have already discovered along the way. It makes so much sense because God doesn't need anyone or anything - He is the Creator of all things and thus the source of all things is centered in Him. Unlike us, who are constantly looking to other things or people to satisfy us, God is not wired that way. Therefore, both our satisfaction and His satisfaction are ultimately centered in God. A song that I've been enjoying lately has gained more preciousness because it is so fitting here...
My soul longs for You, Lord, in a dry and weary place
Come and take Your place in the center of our hearts,
It's where you belong.
(based on Psalm 63, composed at IHOP)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp_M451YufM&feature=related
No comments:
Post a Comment